Skip to main content

INSPIRE

                                INSPIRE

I still remember the day when i was invited by my friend to his elder sister's wedding reception.The day that changed my whole perception towards life.
     
I went there and had a lots of fun.Everyone are dancing, singing and had a wide smile on their faces except one oldperson who is sitting alone and having a drink.

I've sat beside him and i asked him

Whats the matter???

In reply he questioned me

What are you doing in life???

I said that

I am 16 and i am in my 12th grade.

The Oldman asked me another question

Are you loving what you are doing right now???

I've nodded my head in confusion.

Then he started narrating a story of his life.
      
          My name is Ramachandran and my sibling name is Narayana Murthy.we were competitive in studies and sports.we are good friends and used to have a lots of fun together.We are fascinated about mechanics and wanted to mechanical engineering after 12th grade.But we couldn't do it as our parents wanted us to do computer sciences.
           After completion of our graduation in computer sciences,i got a job in America and he(Narayana Murthy) got a job in Australia.Due to worload and other things i've lost contact with him.we were not in touch with each other for a longtime.On otherside i fell in love with my co-worker and married her.we were blessed with a babyson.I bought my own house,car,good job,friends, family and financially stable
Life was happy and great.Even with all these things i felt like there is something missing in my life all the time.
          I came back to India for a business meeting.After completion of my business work,
I'm on my way to airport in a taxi.The taxi got some problem and stopped.On otherside of road there is a small garage.The driver took taxi inside the garage and asked me to wait for just 10 mins.
          Surprisingly the mechanic in that garage was nonother than Narayana Murthy.while Narayana Murthy was happy to see me after a long time,i was in a complete shock looking at him.He is wearing tornclothes,dirty,living in a small room with his family and children.His clothes looked like they are dipped in grease and dust.
          I have asked him a lot of questions and he answered that he quitted his job in Australia,came back to India and started his own garage.
           The last question i asked him was "How much you are earning?".He said that he is earning around ₹50000 pm.I felt pity for him and flew back to America after spending some time with him.
            Now,I'm 60 and retired from my job.I wanted to spend my remaining life in India so i came back to India again.
            And again i was surprised and shocked by seeing Narayana Murthy.His garage became famous and now he is earning a income ₹5000000 pm.He built his dream house, bought a brand new BMW car and leading a happy life with his family.
            Eventhough i had all these things a long time ago,i am not happy.All these things which i've earned gave me happiness but not satisfaction.There is a big difference between both.
Happiness is temporary satisfaction in life but Satisfaction is permanent happiness in life.
           I wanted to do mechanical engineering first,my parents denied and again when i wanted to start my work in mechanics my wife denied.All my life i've lived is of my parents,wife and children.I've never lived my own life.
          By the i realised all these things it was too late.Now i couldn't live my oldage happily.There is nothing in my life to cherish.
          Look at me i am sitting here alone at the age of 60 and having a drink in my friend Narayana Murthy's daughter reception party while he is dancing happily and i am sitting here sadly.
          So what i wanted to tell you is choose your own path and work hard on it.Find your passion and satisfaction.live your own life.I don't want anyone to suffer like me in this age.
          He(Ramachandran) said his story and left from there.
          What i understood from his story is
"Life isn't about making money its about what you love to do".
             
                   WRITTEN BY  G.S.PRAVEEN


Comments

  1. Hope everyone one will love it.
    If not please give me some suggestions from which i will learn and try to write better.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment